Rector of the University of Environmental and Life Sciences in Wrocław
announces an open competition for the position of an assistant (Post DOC) in the group of research staff at the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
in the project supported by the National Science Center 2020/38/E/NZ6/00182 entitled: “Host-pathogen-microbiota interactions at the first stages of Salmonella enterica infection”.
The successful candidate will use experimental microbiology methods and NGS datasets to investigate host-pathogen-microbiota interactions.
The postdoctoral researcher will help with establishing precise protocols to work with microbiota, conduct highly specialized and advanced experiments regarding microbiome cultivation, maintaining, and sequencing. Post-doc will be responsible for developing and applying microbiology techniques to study Salmonella-microbiota interactions and dynamics of the host’s microbiome during Salmonella infection. The candidate is expected to participate in vivo experiments, including overseeing and executing mouse treatments, sacrifices, tissue, and sample collection throughout the entire project with the help of PI. Bioinformatic tools generation to study correlations between host and microbiota will be an integral part of the job.
The candidate is expected to participate in interdisciplinary discussions aimed at the design of new experiments, reports on research results, give presentations at conferences, meetings, and seminars as well as participate in scientific papers preparation and publishing.
Requirements for the candidate:
· A Ph.D. degree in Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or related discipline with expertise in the microbiome and disease;
· Strong track record of publication
· Experience in metagenomics, shotgun sequencing, 16S rRNA analysis, and/or rtPCR of the microbiome, including data analytics of genomic datasets will be an asset;
· Familiarity with microbial genomic and metagenomic data analysis tools,
· Experience in anaerobic bacterial culture;
· Considerable knowledge and skills in bioinformatics analysis techniques and tools.
· Experience in host-pathogen interactions will be an asset
· Prior experience working with mouse models is highly demanded.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills required
· Proficiency in English speaking and writing
· Has not been punished with a disciplinary penalty of expulsion from work at the University with a ban on working at universities for a period from 6 months to 5 years or deprivation of the right to practice as an academic teacher for a period of 10 years;
· Has full legal capacity;
· Enjoys full public rights;
· Has not been convicted by a final court judgment for an intentional crime or an intentional fiscal crime.
· Full employment contract initially for a maximum of 4 years.
· Monthly salary 10000 PLN gross gross (double gross)
· Position with 100% focus on research (no teaching obligations).
· Full technical, administrative, and organizational support from professional English-speaking personnel
· Participation in courses, scientific training, support from peers, and academic mentoring.
· An attractive benefit package: co-financing for recreation, additional annual salary, co-financing of sports activities, etc.
Required application documents:
· scientific CV,
· personal questionnaire for a job applicant
· declaration on compliance with the requirements of the Law on Higher Education and Science,
· statement on the primary/additional workplace,
· list of publications, taking into account the scientific score, confirmed by the Main Library of the UPWr,
· results achieved in the career so far: candidate’s mobility, obtained grants, conducted research, innovative activities, openness to entrepreneurship and the practical aspect of scientific research,
· scans of diplomas confirming your education,
· a certificate confirming the knowledge of a foreign language with an indication of the level – will be required only at the stage of the recruitment interview.
Application procedure and deadline:
Closing date for applications: 16.04.2022
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with note “postdoc KBiBM” in the email title.
The information clause for candidates for employees participating in the recruitment process can be found on the University’s website at https://bip.upwr.edu.pl/ogloszenia/praca-na-upwr.
The university respects a gender balance policy and allows for deviations from the chronological order of the CV – in order to allow applicants on a multi-dimensional career path – to submit a CV supported by evidence that reflects a representative range of achievements and qualifications relevant to the position they are applying for.
Aby ubiegać się o tę pracę, wyślij swoje dane e-mailem na email@example.com