RECTOR OF THE UNIVERSITY OF SILESIA IN KATOWICE announces the open call for the position of Assistant Professor (post-doc) in the research employees’ group in the research project
Place of work: Faculty of Natural Sciences
Job location: ul. Jagiellońska 28, 40-032 Katowice
Number of available positions: 1
Key words: Fagopyrum, genome editing, tissue culture, protoplasts fusion, CRISPR
Applications to the open call may be submitted by those who meet the conditions defined in Art. 113 of the Act of 20 July 2018 – Law on Higher Education and Science (Journal of Laws of 2020, item 85, as amended).
- Formulating research hypotheses and planning experiments in the scope of project tasks,
- Conducting results analyses, analysis and interpretation of data, preparation of reports,
- Presenting and publishing research results,
- Carrying out other tasks for the project defined by the project leader, connected with research activity.
- PhD degree in the discipline of biological sciences or related discipline obtained not earlier than 7 years rior to the planned date of employment in the project,
- Fluent English (minimum B2 or C1),
- 5 years of experience in conducting research in the biological studies or related discipline,
- Documented scientific achievements in the discipline of biological studies or in the related discipline published in the journals with the high IF factor (indexed in Scopus and Web of Science),
- Documented scientific internship of minimum 1 month, in the candidate’s home country or abroad,
- Active participation in scientific life in the form of giving lectures and presentations at scientific conferences,
- Documented participation in works being a part of research projects,
- Documented experience in preparation of manuscripts for the international scientific journals,
5 years of experience in laboratory work,
- Ability to write publications in English.
- experience in in vitro plant tissue cultures (optional),
- experience in management/realization/acquisition of research projects/grants (optional)
- mobility and availability for business trips abroad,
- self-sufficiency, good work organization skills,
- ability to cooperate in a research team.
- full time employment under the fixed period employment contract for 4 years in the research project Sonata Bis entitled “Genetic Analysis of the Formation of Fagopyrum Somatic Hybrids” led by dr hab. Alexander Betekhtin https://www.linkedin.com/in/alexander-betekhtin-93ab317b/ https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Alexander-Betekhtin
- employment at the University as a primary place of work,
- salary of 10 000 PLN (gross income)
- task-based working time,
- opportunity for further professional development,
- social benefits package, including health insurance,
- group life insurance for the University employees, their spouses/life partners and adult children,
ability to join the Occupational Pension Scheme and the group pension insurance POGODNA JESIEŃ.
- scientific resume (CV) and motivational letter,
- copies of documents confirming qualifications (including the Ph.D. diploma or certificate granting the Ph.D. degree, and the MA diploma or equivalent degree diploma),
- list of publications,
- other documentation confirming achievements in the scientific and educational work
SCHEDULE OF THE CALL:
application submission deadline: 31st of October 2021 (11.59 p.m.)
the selection process will be finalized on the 17th of December 2021
Submitting an application in response to this Call means accepting the GDPR information clause available in the Application form.
The required documents shall be submitted by electronic means using the application form, available by clicking “Apply”.
Applications received after the deadline, incomplete applications and applications submitted in any other way than defined in the open call announcement shall not be considered. The University reserves the right to leave the call unresolved.
The necessary condition for employment of the candidate selected as a result of the Call is their fulfillment of the obligation arising from art. 265 section 5, and 13 of the Act: Law on Higher Education and Science of 20th of July 2018 (Journal of Laws of 2020, item 85, as amended).
In the case of foreign candidates, whose diplomas granting scientific degrees require nostrification according to the Polish law, can be employed only after fulfilling nostrification procedures.
Aby ubiegać się o tę pracę, wyślij swoje dane e-mailem na firstname.lastname@example.org