JUNIOR PRINCIPAL INVESTIGATOR
ICRI-BioM is seeking young academics to fill a full-time position of a Principal Investigator.
Successful candidate will organize and lead research group, including PostDocs and PhD students,
in the area of polymer biotechnology or biopolymer chemistry
ICRI-BioM is an International Research Agenda, established within Lodz University of Technology under the Foundation for Polish Science MAB PLUS Program in collaboration with the Max Planck Institute for Polymer Research in Mainz. It aims at the development of an excellent scientific unit that focuses on combining polymer chemistry with molecular biosystems engineering experimentally and with the aid of computational sciences. Ultimately, it will be composed of two groups, led by senior Principal Investigators (one of them being the Director, Professor Alexander Steinbüchel) of the highest scientific standings, and three junior PI groups. It is expected that the collaboration and synergy between these groups, local scientific environment, and international cooperation will lead to breakthrough research in basic and applied sciences.
Candidates should have at least a Ph.D. degree and 3 years of experience in one of the main fields of the planned research areas described above as well as in biochemistry and/or molecular biology. International recognition for research accomplishments (ideally comparable to the Starting ERC level), and possessing effective leadership, managerial, and collaborative skills are required.
· gross salary in the range 240 000 – 250 000 PLN per year depending on qualifications,
· contract through the end of 2023 with conditional renewal,
· great research environment at Technical University of Lodz facilities.
The selection is a two-steps process. Interested candidates are requested to e-mail the following documentation (in the pdf format):
· brief CV (up to 1 standard page)
· up to 10 key research and/or implementation achievements (a single achievement is e.g. full text of a publication or a patent, etc.),
· list of key projects for which the applicant was granted funding or played a major role in,
· list of key conference speeches or invited lectures delivered by the applicant,
· in research-industry cooperation and successful implementations (up to 1 pages),
· description of the applicant’s research management experience (up to a half-page)
· description of the applicant’s experience in research-industry cooperation and successful implementations (up to a half-page)
by September 15, 2021 (or until the position is filled) to:
Professor dr. Alexander Steinbüchel, Director of ICRI-BioM at
By submitting your application you agree with the following statement:
“I hereby consent to have my personal data processed by the Lodz University of Technology with its registered office at ul. Zeromskiego 116, 90-924 Lodz for the purpose of carrying out a recruitment process and selecting an employee, and concluding a contract for employment at the Lodz University of Technology. I have been informed of my rights and duties (as described http://www.icri-biom.p.lodz.pl/sites/default/files/RODO-TUL_en.pdf. I understand that provision of my personal data is voluntary”.
TUL values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity.