RESEARCHER / POST-DOC
ICRI-BioM is seeking young researchers to fill up two full-time research positions in the laboratory of Dr. Christopher Plummer
ICRI-BioM is an International Research Agenda, established within Lodz University of Technology under the Foundation for Polish Science MAB PLUS Program in collaboration with the Max Planck Institute for Polymer Research in Mainz. It aims at the creation of an excellent scientific unit that focuses on combining polymer chemistry with molecular biosystems engineering experimentally and with the aid of computational sciences. It is expected that the collaboration and synergy between these groups, local scientific environment, and international cooperation will lead to breakthrough research in basic and applied sciences.
This positions will involve a research project at the intersection of organic chemistry and polymer chemistry. Topics including monomer synthesis and polymerization, as well as topics relating to post‑polymerization modification.
Candidates should have completed their PhD degree not longer than 5 years prior. Expected skills include:
· Experience in organic synthesis (preferably also with experience in polymer chemistry)
· Practical experience in air-free synthesis techniques
· Experience with instruments such as NMR, GC-MS, ESI-MS, FT-IR, GPC/SEC, DSC, TGA, etc
· Capability and interest to present results in international publications, national and international conferences, patents, etc
· Good command of both spoken and written English
· Gross monthly salary in the range 7500-9500 PLN (plus 13th salary)
· Starting date after September 1st
· Contract until the end of 2023 (2+ year contract, with conditional renewal),
· Full public health insurance.
Interested candidates are requested to e-mail the following documentation (in PDF format)
· Cover letter
· Brief CV (up to 2 pages)
· A summary of research experience (up to 2 pages – a brief outline of experience / projects)
· Up to 10 key research achievements (e.g. full texts of a publication or patent)
by August 31st, 2021 (or until the position is filled) to:
Dr. Christopher Plummer, Junior Principal Investigator at ICRI-BioM
In the second stage, short-listed candidates will be invited for an online interview.
By submitting your application you agree with the following statement in the application::
“I hereby consent to have my personal data processed by the Lodz University of Technology with its registered office at ul. Zeromskiego 116, 90-924 Lodz for the purpose of carrying out a recruitment process and selecting an employee, and concluding a contract for employment at the Lodz University of Technology. I have been informed of my rights and duties (as described http://www.icri-biom.p.lodz.pl/sites/default/files/RODO-TUL_en.pdf. I understand that provision of my personal data is voluntary”.
TUL values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity.
Aby ubiegać się o tę pracę, wyślij swoje dane e-mailem na firstname.lastname@example.org