Position in the project: PhD student
Scientific discipline: civil engineering
Job type (employment contract/stipend): scholarship
Number of job offers: 1
Remuneration/stipend amount/month: 3 800 PLN of full remuneration cost (scholarship)
Position starts on: 1.10.2021
Maximum period of contract/stipend agreement: 24 months
Institution: Lublin University of Technology, Faculty of Civil Engineering and Architecture / Lublin
Project leader: Prof. Wojciech Franus
Project title: Fly ashes as the precursors of functionalized materials for applications in environmental engineering, civil engineering and agriculture
Project is carried out within the TEAM-NET programme of the Foundation for Polish Science
This TEAM-NET joint project assumes using fly ashes as a precursors for the synthesis of novel functionalized materials with the structure of not only zeolites, but also mesoporous silica materials and metal-organic frameworks (MOFs). Then produced materials will be tested for possible applications in agriculture, civil and environmental engineering. With the implementation of new technologies of coal combustion and flue gas treatment, new types of fly ashes with increased content of unburned carbon (up to 30%) have been produced. Such byproducts will be used in this project for the synthesis of novel zeolite-carbon composites. Previous work related to the use of this type of fly ashes was focused on the separate production of zeolites or activated carbons, which did not fully exploit the potential of the above-mentioned byproducts. Their use as a precursor to the synthesis of a zeolite-carbon-vermiculite composite in this project will also pave the way for developing a novel material to replace vermiculite raw materials in agricultural applications.
With this announcement, we are looking for a PhD student for the work-package #2 ” Novel (bio-)mineral mixtures for civil engineering”. The aim of WP #2 is among others the development of the technique of microbially induced calcium carbonate precipitation for sandy soil bio-cementation purposes.
Key responsibilities include:
1. Optimization of soil biocementation processes.
2. Analysis of geotechnical properties of soils.
3. Preparing and writing scientific articles for international journals.
Profile of candidates/requirements:
1. The candidate must have higher education degree (Master of Science) in the field of: civil engineering (former construction) or be a third-cycle student in the above-mentioned field.
2. The candidate can show documented scientific achievements (publications in scientific journals and conference materials).
3. The candidate must be fluent in English (both speaking and writing) enabling communication and understanding of publication texts.
4. The candidate must have basic knowledge of issues in the field of research concerning physical, strength and consolidation properties of soils.
5. Preferentially, the candidate should have predispositions for scientific and organizational work.
1. Written application for the competition.
2. Curriculum vitae (with the note „I agree to the processing of personal data provided in this document for realising the recruitment process pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act of 10 May 2018 (Journal of Laws 2018, item 1000) and in agreement with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation)”).
3. List of publications with specifying the 5-year IF for each publication.
4. Participation in scientific conferences (name, date, type of presentation – speech, poster).
5. Participation in the research projects (name, date, nature of participation, head of the project).
6. Subject of current research (engineering (bachelor), master’s, doctoral dissertation).
7. Copies of obtained diplomas.
8. Documented information about completed courses and trainings.
9. Other activities (scientific clubs/circles, student conferences).
10. Signed Declaration No. 1
Please submit the following documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: 19.08.2021
For more details about the position please visit (website/webpage address):
- Euraxess job/stipend offer (in case of PhD and postdoc positions):
Possible appeals against the decision should be sent to prof. Wojciech Franus (project coordinator, email@example.com) no letter then 7 days after receiving the decision, i.e. the date of results announcement. In the protest an explicit justification have to be included.
Aby ubiegać się o tę pracę, wyślij swoje dane e-mailem na firstname.lastname@example.org