Position of a postdoctoral researcher in the project “Accelerated benchmarking of Li-garnet electrolyte materials” founded by National Science Centre (NCN) is open for applications. The successful candidate will be supervised by Dr. Michal Struzik, becoming a member of the Solid-State Ionics group.
More information on the project is available: https://ncn.gov.pl/sites/default/files/listy-rankingowe/2019-03-15/streszczenia/OPUS-17_445209-en.pdf
We are looking for motivated candidates:
– with a doctoral degree in physics, chemistry, materials science or related;
– with experience in chemical synthesis, structural and electrochemical analysis of the solid-state materials, including XRD, Raman, SEM, EDX, SIMS, EIS;
– with experience in the topic of lithium battery materials, thin film fabrication and electrochemical testing and analysis of lithium cells;
– working at a high, international level, confirmed by publications in high impact scientific journals from the JCR list;
– creative and accepting scientific challenges;
– oriented on team work, showing very good organizational skills, especially project and time management skills;
– active in grant proposal writing (advantage will be an experience in submission or submitted grant proposals under evaluation);
– with proficiency in English (written and oral communication) and presentation skills;
– performing research in the area of solid-state ionics (Li-containing materials synthesis, cell assembly, structural characterization by means of XRD, Raman Spectroscopy, electrochemical characterization, electrochemical cell cycling);
– publishing at least one scientific article/patent application created during the project;
– active participation in grant proposal writing;
– creation of detailed scientific documentation and reporting;
– supervision over students and Ph.D. students.
We offer PostDoc a temporary contract (18 months) at Faculty of Physics Warsaw University of Technology with monthly salary in the amount of ca. 10 000 PLN gross/month (net approx. 6 000 PLN/month) financed from the NCN OPUS 17 Project No. 2019/33/B/ST5/02134.
The recruitment procedure:
Stage 1: Submission of application. A complete application should include the following items, combined within single PDF document (except position 7.):
2. Cover letter;
3. Copy of PhD certificate or a document confirming that the Candidate will obtain the PhD degree prior to the date of employment in the project;
4. List of managed projects and publications;
5. Description of the candidate’s major scientific achievement;
6. Signed consent for the processing of personal data by the Warsaw University of Technology;
7. Letters of support from two or more scientists who are familiar with the Candidate (submitted directly to e-mail address:); email@example.com
Applications need to be delivered by email no later than 24-10-2021 24:00 local time to firstname.lastname@example.org . The email has to be entitled “OPUS_Name_Surname”. Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
Stage 2: Interview with the Recruitment Committee. Selected candidates will be invited for an interview (onsite or on-line). The interviews will take place from 2.11.2021.
The Commission will take into account the following criteria:
a) competences of the candidate with respect to specific tasks in a research project,
b) previous educational/scientific achievements of the candidate,
c) awards and distinctions of the candidate.
The results of the competition are made public. The competition results shall be announced by 22.11.2021.
– The doctoral degree must be obtained, not earlier, but within 7 years prior to joining the project. This period does not include breaks related to: maternity leave, adoption leave, paternal leave, parental leave granted in compliance with the Employment Code, nor periods of sickness benefit or rehabilitation benefit granted on account of unfitness for work, including any caused by a health condition requiring rehabilitation. In such a case, the 7-year period is to be extended by the duration of the leave in question;
– The salary will be awarded in accordance with the NSC regulations: „REGULATIONS ON AWARDING FUNDING FOR RESEARCH TASKS FUNDED BY THE NATIONAL SCIENCE CENTRE AS REGARDS RESEARCH PROJECTS” https://www.ncn.gov.pl/sites/default/files/pliki/uchwaly-rady/2019/uchwala26_2019-zal1_ang.pdf
– Please include in the application following consent to the processing of personal data as part of recruitment: “I agree to the processing of personal data provided in this document for realising the recruitment process pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act of 10 May 2018 (Journal of Laws 2018, item 1000) and in agreement with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation)”.
Aby ubiegać się o tę pracę, wyślij swoje dane e-mailem na email@example.com