• PhD title in materials engineering, mechanical engineering or related sciences. The degree has to be obtained within 7 years prior to joining the project (possible exceptions, if so please see the rules of employment for post-docs at the National Science Centre website)
• experience and knowledge of physico-chemical aspects of thermal spraying (materials, coating building mechanisms, etc.),
• experience in carrying out the research in the field of powder materials, surface engineering and coatings (SEM/EDS, XRD, etc.),
• experience in publishing articles of international scope, confirmed by a list of JCR-indexed papers of an applicant,
• English language skills of at least C1 level, i.e., ability to easily read and write English-language literature, prepare materials in English, give oral presentations and communicate fluently,
• interpersonal skills: creativity, self-motivation, ability to work independently and in a team,
• an additional advantage will be: experience in conducting numerical studies using the Finite Element Method (FEM) and knowledge of fluid mechanics OR basic predispositions in the field of mechatronics, programming and development of small-scale laboratory equipment for thermal spraying,
• the candidate must meet the below requirements:
– “Regulations for the Research Projects, Internships and Scholarships” being an Annex No. 1 to the Ordinance No. 21/2019 of the Director of the National Science Centre.
– „Regulations for Research Fellowships in Research Projects Funded by the National Science Centre” being an Annex to the NCN Council Resolution No. 25/2019 of 14 March 2019.
Research tasks to be performed:
The post-doc will participate in the project: „Laser microtexturing as a key technology for development of a new generation of Thermal Barrier Coatings”. The project is carried out as part of a project OPUS 17, funded by the National Science Centre.
The main responsibilities of the post-doc will include:
• analysis of phenomena during plasma spraying, mainly gas-substrate interactions, to assess the influence of surface topography on the coating building mechanism,
• preparation and testing of materials, deposited thermal barrier coatings, including also coatings subjected to high temperature testing,
• participation in the plasma spraying process and taking care on thermal spray laboratory,
• periodic reporting and promotion of research results.
– full-time contract (“umowa o pracę”) for 14 months, starting from 01.01.2022.
– gross monthly remuneration: 10000 PLN/month, net approx. 6000 PLN/month.
The competition is public. The procedure will be conducted in accordance with NCN regulations. The selection of the post-doc will take place in two stages:
1. The first stage – the Selection Committee will evaluate the documents. On the basis of this analysis, persons who will proceed to the second stage of the competition will be selected. We reserve the right to contact only selected persons (until 03.11.2021).
2. Second stage – online interviews with the Selection Committee, a short presentation of the research conducted by the Candidate. Interviews will take place on 05.11.2021. On the basis of the results of the second stage, a post-doc will be selected. All candidates will be informed about the results of the recruitment procedure (by 8.11.2021).
• an application entitled <POST-DOC_OPUS-17>, addressed to the project leader, Dr. Paweł Sokołowski (Department of Metal Forming, Welding and Metrology, Wrocław University of Science and Technology, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org),
• CV (for formal reasons, CV must contain the following clause: ” I hereby give consent for my personal data included in the job offer to be processed for the purposes of recruitment under the Data Protection Act 1997 (Dz. U. no. 133, item 883)”),
• Documented information about the experience, scientific publications, awards, internships and other scientific achievements as well as the knowledge of English at a level not lower than C1,
• a copy of the graduation diploma and the obtained doctoral title.
The above documents should be sent by 31.10.2021 until 10 p.m. in electronic form to: email@example.com
The selection of the person for the position will be made in accordance with the Regulations for Scientific Fellowships for Young Scientists in Research Projects (Annex to the NCN Council Resolution 50/2013 of 3 June 2013).
Aby ubiegać się o tę pracę, wyślij swoje dane e-mailem na firstname.lastname@example.org