Position in the project: Post-doc (adjunct)
Scientific discipline: civil engineering
Job type (employment contract/stipend): employment contract
Number of job offers: 1
15 000 PLN of full remuneration cost, i.e. expected net salary at around 9600 PLN for a senior postdoctoral researcher (6-9 years after obtaining the PhD diploma)
10 000 PLN of full remuneration cost, i.e. expected net salary at around 6 300 PLN for a junior postdoctoral researcher (up to 5 years after obtaining the PhD diploma)
Position starts on: 1.06.2021
Maximum period of contract/stipend agreement: 27 months
Institution: Lublin University of Technology, Faculty of Civil Engineering and Architecture / Lublin
Project leader: Prof. Wojciech Franus
Project title: Fly ashes as the precursors of functionalized materials for applications in environmental engineering, civil engineering and agriculture
Project is carried out within the TEAM-NET programme of the Foundation for Polish Science
This TEAM-NET joint project assumes using fly ashes as a precursors for the synthesis of novel functionalized materials with the structure of not only zeolites, but also mesoporous silica materials and metal-organic frameworks (MOFs). Then produced materials will be tested for possible applications in agriculture, civil and environmental engineering. With the implementation of new technologies of coal combustion and flue gas treatment, new types of fly ashes with increased content of unburned carbon (up to 30%) have been produced. Such byproducts will be used in this project for the synthesis of novel zeolite-carbon composites. Previous work related to the use of this type of fly ashes was focused on the separate production of zeolites or activated carbons, which did not fully exploit the potential of the above-mentioned byproducts. Their use as a precursor to the synthesis of a zeolite-carbon-vermiculite composite in this project will also pave the way for developing a novel material to replace vermiculite raw materials in agricultural applications.
With this announcement, we are looking for a Postdoc for the work-package #2 ” Novel (bio-)mineral mixtures for civil engineering”. The aim of WP #2 is among others the development of the technique of microbially induced calcium carbonate precipitation for sandy soil bio-cementation purposes.
Key responsibilities include:
1. Optimization of soil biocementation processes (including development of technology and sequence of injection of bacterial and cementation solution).
2. Analysis of geotechnical properties of soils.
3. Conducting model biocementation studies in laboratory and/or field conditions.
4. Preparing and writing scientific articles for international journals.
5. Tracking current research trends in the scientific literature.
Profile of candidates/requirements:
1. The candidate must be a junior researcher (up to 5 years after obtaining the PhD diploma) or senior researcher (6 – 9 years after obtaining the PhD diploma).
2. The candidate must have a strong interest and knowledge of geotechnical engineering and soil improvement (preferentially, soil improvement using microbially induced calcium carbonate precipitation method).
3. The candidate must be experienced in research concerning physical, strength and consolidation properties of soils.
4. The candidate must be an author of at least three scientific publications published in journals from the JCR list (including at least two articles as first/last/corresponding author).
5. The candidate must be fluent in English (both speaking and writing) enabling communication and understanding of publication texts.
6. Preferentially, the candidate should have an experience in obtaining funds for the researches from external project-funding agencies.
1. Written application for the competition.
2. Prepare your Curriculum vitae ONLY according to the below-mentioned structure. Curiculum vitae including (with the note „I consent to the processing of my personal data contained in the offer for the purposes of the recruitment process in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act of 29.08.1997, Journal of Laws No. 101, item 926, as amended.”):
2.1. A detailed description of the academic degrees and titles, titles of theses (master and doctoral, along with short description of main achievements in each thesis – up to 300 characters including spaces), years of receiving the degree/academic title, names and affiliation of supervisors and reviewers of each thesis.
2.2. The academic career – chronological indication of places of employment with the indication of posts and contact details of the direct supervisor.
2.3. List of scientific publications/monographs/books/chapters – including the full list of authors, indication whether the candidate was the corresponding author of the given publication, title, full title of the journal and 5-year IF.
2.4. List of conducted scientific projects (as the coordinator/principal investigator) funded by external project-funding agencies – entries should be provided with the project title, project number, the amount of funding, time of project realization, all documents (including patents, patent applications, know-how, etc.) produced in the course of project realization.
2.6. Participation in conferences (list of conferences in which the candidate took active part, stating whether it was a lecture or a poster), internships abroad (research stays) and most important trainings.
2.7. List of awards and distinctions including their range (international/national),
2.8. Other activities (scientific clubs/circles, student conferences) and information (e.g. patents, patent application, commercial).
3. Recommendation letter from the last employer (direct supervisor) and address details of 2 other scientists who may recommend the given candidate. Alternatively, the recommendation letter can be emailed by former supervisor directly to email@example.com
4. Copies of obtained diplomas.
5. Documented information about completed courses and trainings.
6. Signed Declaration No. 1
Please submit the following documents to:
All documents must be sent as a single PDF file (if too big, the copies of diplomas may be sent as an independent file) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating the reference mentioned in the beginning of this call, in the subject line.
For more details about the position please visit (website/webpage address):
Euraxess job/stipend offer (in case of PhD and postdoc positions):
Possible appeals against the decision should be sent to prof. Wojciech Franus (project coordinator, email@example.com) no letter then 7 days after receiving the decision, i.e. the date of results announcement. In the protest an explicit justification have to be included.
Aby ubiegać się o tę pracę, wyślij swoje dane e-mailem na firstname.lastname@example.org