The doctoral candidate will participate in research activities as part of the project: „Smart tissue engineering to change the paradigm of diabetes treatment.” The research will be conducted at the Malopolska Centre of Biotechnology, Jagiellonian University. The doctoral candidate will collaborate with the team involved in the project’s implementation.
- The PhD student must hold Master's degree in Life Sciences discipline.
- The selected candidate should have practical laboratory experience, supported by references of the academic tutor and qualifications and suitability for research.
- The PhD Students should have very good knowledge of English (written and spoken)
- ready to learn the structure related programms and calculations,
- attending courses and be creative with good and responsible attitude,
- multitasking approach, and good organizational capacity.
- Primary Focus for PhD Candidate: Cellular Kinase Interaction Analysis
- Core Emphasis: Biochemical examination of kinase interactions within cells.
- Protein Characterization: Employ structural biology, biochemistry, and molecular biology to characterize proteins. Cryo-EM for understanding large complexes and downstream regulation. Serial femtosecond crystallography (SFX)- for mechanistic insight- the most challenging task of the project.
- Functional Profiling: Conduct in vitro activity assays and cell-based inhibitory screening.
- Specialized Cell Lines: Utilize tailored cell lines for detailed analysis.
- Objective: Enhance understanding of cellular kinase dynamics and potential inhibition mechanisms and drug optimization using the structural information and function.
- Doctoral scholarship
- Grant scholarship
Dokumenty wymagane do rekrutacji
- a curriculum vitae (CV) with particular emphasis on scientific achievements
- a motivation letter, explaining how the applicant’s background and research interests make them a suitable candidate for the position;
- the names of the researchers giving references to the candidate (their contact number and academic title);
- documents demonstrating the scientific achievements listed in the curriculum vitae, e.g. first page of the article;
- transcript of grades: diploma supplement, or the official transcript of grades, or another document listing completed courses and grades. Information about grading scale must be included